Like a computer, your iPhone can also get a virus if you don’t have an antivirus program. There are several antivirus programs for the iPhone, but not all are good. Some of them are downright terrible.
So, which one is the best free antivirus for iPhone? Well, that’s what we’re here to help you with. We’ve put together a list of the best free antivirus programs for the iPhone, and we’ll tell you why each one is the best.
How to Choose the Best Free Antivirus For iPhone
When choosing the best free iPhone antivirus, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- It’s essential to ensure that the software is compatible with your device.
- You need to look for an antivirus that offers real-time protection against malware and other threats.
- Third, you need to consider the features that are important to you. You can ask your friends for recommendations or read online reviews.
- When you’ve found the best free iPhone antivirus, download it and install it on your device. Doing so will help to keep your device safe from malware and other threats.
List of 5 Best Free iPhone Antivirus
We have analyzed multiple antivirus for iPhone and have listed below what we thought were best in the market. Here you go:
#1. Avira Mobile Security: Feature Rich Free Antivirus For iPhone
Avira can help protect your iPhone. One of the best features is the anti-theft feature. It allows you to lock your iPhone if it is lost or stolen. You can also use this feature to track your iPhone’s location.
Also, Avira has an app advisor. It will scan the apps installed on your iPhone and let you know if any of them are potentially harmful.
Key Features of Avira Mobile Security
- Password Manager: this helps you keep track of your passwords.
- Web Protection: protects against phishing websites.
- Call-blocking software: stops unwanted callers.
- Device Analyzer: assists in freeing up space and improving performance.
#2. McAfee Mobile Security: A Great Antivirus for iPhone
McAfee antivirus provides a wide range of features to help keep your iPhone safe, including a virus scanner, anti-theft protection, and even a backup feature in case you lose your phone.
One of the best things about McAfee Mobile Security is that it’s always free to use. And unlike other free options, it doesn’t include ads or nag you to upgrade to a paid version.
In addition, McAfee iOS allows you to track a lost or stolen smartphone via a GPS tracker or by initiating a remote alarm.
Key Features of McAfee Mobile Security
- Media Safe: PIN-protects your photographs and videos.
- Remote Alarm: Allows you to activate a gadget alarm. Map your device with the remote management site.
- CaptureCam: Your device will send a photo if someone enters the incorrect Vault PIN many times.
- Backup, Restore, Wipe: Restore contacts from a backup. Remotely delete contacts.
#3. Lookout Personal for iOS: Best for Finding Lost iPhones
Lookout Personal is a free app designed to help you find lost iPhones. The app uses GPS to track the location of your device, and it can send you an email or text message if your device is lost. Lookout Personal can also help you remotely lock or wipe your device if lost or stolen.
Lookout’s System Advisor notifies you if you need key security updates that could open you to attack.
Also Read: 5 Best PC Antivirus Programs
Key Features of Lookout Personal for iOS
- Automatic scanning of apps for malware and other threats.
- Real-time protection against new and emerging threats.
- The ability to remotely lock or wipe a lost or stolen device.
- A comprehensive set of privacy tools, including a VPN and Ad Tracker Blocker.
- 24/7 support from Lookout’s team of security experts.
#4. Trend Micro Mobile Security: Best Overall Free Antivirus for iPhone
One of the best mobile security solutions available is Trend Micro Mobile Security. This app offers several features that can help keep your device safe from harm.
Trend Micro Mobile Security is its ability to scan and remove malware and viruses. The app uses a powerful engine to scan for and remove threats. It also has a heuristics engine that can detect new and emerging threats.
It has anti-theft protection. If your device is lost or stolen, you can remotely lock it or wipe it clean. You can also use the app to track the device’s location.
Key Features of Trend Micro Mobile Security
- Malware protection: It protects your iPhone against malware, phishing, and other online threats with sophisticated security technologies.
- Anti-theft: Trend Micro can find and remotely lock or erase your iPhone if it’s lost or stolen.
- Privacy: It prevents unwanted tracking and access to your info.
- Optimization: It improves iPhone performance with several features.
- User-friendly: A simple and intuitive UI makes it easy to use.
#5. F-Secure SAFE: Best for Parental Controls
F-Secure SAFE is a comprehensive security solution that provides real-time protection against all online threats, including viruses, malware, and phishing attacks. It also includes a powerful firewall that blocks unwanted incoming connections and a web filter that prevents you from accidentally accessing malicious websites.
F-Secure SAFE is incredibly easy to use. Just install the app, and it will automatically start protecting your device. There’s no need to fiddle with any settings or configuration options, it just works.
Key Features of F-Secure SAFE
- Antivirus and anti-malware protection
- Web filtering
- Parental controls
- Password manager
- Encrypted file storage
Conclusion: 5 Best Free Antivirus for iPhone
Based on the research, it can be concluded that there are many best free antivirus for iPhone in the market. As a result, choosing one of the best antiviruses mentioned above or the ones you are most familiar with to protect your data on the device, in the long run, is preferable.
FAQs: 5 Best Free Antivirus for iPhone
Below are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about free antivirus for iPhone.
Will my iPhone antivirus software work on my iPad?
The obvious answer is yes. iPhone antivirus software is almost always compatible with iPad. However, ensure the protection works for the iPad because some functions may only work with iPhone.
What is the best free antivirus for iPhone?
Many antivirus apps are available for iPhone, and choosing the best one cannot be easy. Some factors you should consider include the app’s features, reviews, and ratings.